Monday, December 03, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


It's the most wonderful time of the year! I had such a Christmas-y weekend; it was so fun!

Friday started out rather domestic ... just a lot cleaning the messy house, but the house that needed to look good with all our new Christmas decorations! But it ended up pretty amazing; Tracy came over from Milwaukee and we hit the slopes at Tyrol Basin, west of Madison in Mt. Horeb. It took us awhile and a couple of adventures to find our way (seriously, it's so hidden), but when we finally got there it felt so good to be on skis again ... though, it did take quite some time to feel even a little comfortable again. (Frankly, I'm more afraid of going out of control than of falling - so I did a lot of falling. And I forgot how to stop. And turn. And pretty much everything that you need to remember to ski successfully. Needless to say, I'm still sore. )

We ended our skiing adventures a little earlier than we would have wanted because it was just so cold, and I was so excited to just get back to my warm and cozy house. Unfortunately, I was just a little bit locked out. It was sad. Luckily, my roommates got back a few minutes later from the grocery store, and we commenced our Elf-watching party. I was exhausted, but happy I stayed up for the fun. There was hot chocolate and candles and CHRISTMAS SWEATERS, and, of course, cameras. Naturally, a photo shoot commenced:

(Notice the knit snowmen and the bells. Supreme.) I must say, we are so fun.

Things got even more fun the next day, if that is possible. I went out to breakfast with some high school friends, which was great. And then I went to the chiropractor. In the 10 minutes or so that it took me to get from the edge of campus to the chiropractor, it had snowed like, half an inch. So much for starting in the afternoon, right? When I got home I got some stuff done, but then said ... screw it. It's blizzarding. I want to snuggle. I got drawn into the living room when I found out Parent Trap was on (great film) ... I didn't move the rest of the day. Parent Trap was followed by Little Women, which was followed by Chronicles of Narnia, which was followed by High Fidelity, which was followed by Love Actually. WOW. WHAT A GOOD DAY!

A (mostly) Christmas movie extravaganza. Roommates came and went, but Jones and I remained constant. Well, it's not every day that you're snowed in before Christmas ... so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ...

No comments: