Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Enough with the "AHHHH"'s

In the past few weeks, I've had enough scream-inducing phone calls to last me a few years.

First, I find out Tracy's wedding had been moved, because Doug is being deployed. Scream 1.

Then, I find out Laura, a good friend from high school, got engaged. Scream 2.

Then, I find out my big sister and brother-in-law are pregnant. BIG Scream 3.

I'm really trying to let these things not consume ME too much, because they're not about ME. They're amazing things that are happening to other people. But when your best friend gets married and you find out your sister is pregnant on the same day, it'll freak you out a bit. As much as these things are about other people, they have effects on my life as well. What will it be like to have a baby gurgling around at home? To have Tracy at a totally different stage in her life? Lately, people just seem to be getting up and moving out and moving on ... and it's just weird to have the world moving so fast around me. I'm not really sure how to "process" it all.

When did things start changing so quickly?

No comments: