Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oh, the Places You'll Go

Apparently, it'll never sink in.

God tells me, "Don't worry about tomorrow ... each day has enough trouble of its own," and, "I know the plans that I have for you."

And yet, here I am, plotting and planning and scheming for the future, even though I know that things change almost every day.

I thought I'd live in this house next year ... ehhh, things might change.

Once I thought I'd be at Camp next summer ... ehhh, nope. Maybe San Diego? Yeah, maybe. Maybe Ocean City? Yeah, maybe. What about Calcutta? Or Cairo? Or going around the inner cities of America? Strangely enough, all those things are possibilities.

WHO KNOWS?!

It's truly kind of exciting, to see where I will end up. But, you'd think I'd learn to just let go, stop planning, and let God take over. Nope. I try to master the inconstancy of the world, and only end up being constantly defeated.

So, it's time to put this in the hands of God and trust that He has the best plan for me. It's not for me to worry about.

1 comment:

tshinnick said...

Nikki....I'm glad to see that there's someone blogging besides me! I'm still attempting to support a struggling blog. Check it out if the Spirit moves you to do so.

It is so difficult to not fall into the trap of planning things out and thinking that your matters are in your hands. It must be especially tempting for someone who is as bright as you are. It's a mentality that we must always be on guard against.

I pray that God helps you figure out what he has planned for you this summer and in the future.