Monday, September 17, 2007

The Sunday Scramble

Mmm ... Sunday. Nothing quite like coming back from church, bustin' out the sweatpants, and engaging in what I like to call the "catch up day" routine. Somehow, even though there's always a lot to do on Sundays, to me, they always seem a little bit more lazy than most days.

After a busy, back-to-business-as-usual week, and a jam-packed, people-filled weekend, it'll be good to have a few hours to regroup and get my game-face on for the days to come. There'll be classes and homework, meetings and stuff to do around the house. ... But, I'm happy to be heading home on Thursday and Friday, and looking forward to a whole house filled with Camp vistors next weekend. It'll pretty much be a mini-reunion, and I could not be more excited!

This weekend was a precursor to next: Karen took a break from wedding planning and came with Amber from WLC to hang out with us Madison folk. It was like a mini mini-reunion, and we girls had a good time hanging out in my bed, trying to figure out which members of the Baby-Sitters Club we are most like. Yeah, we're pretty cool. : )

Prior to their arrival, I also got to take some time to enjoy the beautiful weather and go on a bike ride after class on Thursday, and hang out with YoungLife and Campus Crusade people on Friday. (Photo Scavenger Hunt on State St. and dance parties!) I also had some time to get some stuff done around the house, which was nice - especially after not doing laundry for over a month.

Unfortunately, there was also some sad news this weekend. On Saturday morning, I got a message from my mom saying that Grandpa Johnson had had a massive heart attack. Luckily, he was able to get into surgery in the nick of time and is stable at this point. Of course, it was a scare that no family wants to have. If you could include him and my grandma and our family in your prayers, we would appreciate it very much. It is my prayer that the Lord would work in us through this and that His Name would be glorified in all circumstances.

Blessings to you all in the week ahead!

No comments: