Sunday, August 06, 2006

Program Staff Adventures

Exhaustion.

It's been an innnsaaane two weeks! So great, but so insane. Let's re-cap my two weeks of Program Staff:

Week One:

Successful Campfire, on the "Intergalactic Recieving and Transmitting Agency of the Milky Way and Other Galaxies." (i.e., see how loud I can scream as I lead "Rooted," and watch me get doused with a bucket of cold water. :) Always entertaining.) Successful devotion on being covered in the dust of your Rabbi. Successful evening game, where the kids go on a quest across the galaxy to gather data chips for the US Space Station. 20 sessions of Outdoors Sports, led with varying success. (It's sooo hard to think of stuff to do sometimes ... ) But hey, I survived! And I was wet the entire week. Kids like hoses, let me tell you.

Week Two:

Successful Campfire, on the Love StorE. I was Trudy Love, and me and my husband, Jaun Love, even found Matthew love because of the good potions sold we at our storE. So fun. I also had Photography Specialty ... hmm. I'm not sure how that went. Seeing as I knew nothing about 35mm film or really what's involved in taking pictures, it could have gone much worse than it did. This week was so incredibly filled with last minute planning for Photography, leading it rather hestitantly (I tried really hard, I really did.), eating lunch, then heading down for Ropes all afternoon. I enjoy Ropes, but it's hard to stay motivated doing it for app. 20 hours in a week. And it was hot. So hot that I cried on the first day as I tried unsuccessfully to set up a ladder for my Ropes "boss," Amy. Okay, that ladder was heavyyyyy. Then we laughed, cuz I'm so pathetic. Luckily, the weather cooled down and my muscles got used to working again, so the rest of the week went much better. The highlight of the time at Ropes was getting a little autistic boy, Matthew, a few steps up a pole. I was so proud of him just for trying because he had been so scared. So I had another devotion on Wednesday. This one was difficult. Nothing was striking me about the passage, and after trying for a long time to get something down, I went to clear it with the big guy, Matthew. Hmm. While meeting with him, we came to the conclusion that it was best to scrap it entirely and start over - 2 hrs before campfire, with one of them spent on SALT Growth (a wonderful time every Wednesday, for the entire SALT Staff to get away for an hour and be with each other). I was incredibly nervous, seeing as this was rather close-cut. Matthew sent me out with a passage from Exodus, where God tells Moses not to worry, because He would give him the words to say. I laughed and knew everything would be okay. I went out by myself for awhile, and the devotion started to come to me. Then Growth was an absolutely amazing worship service and communion, leaving almost everyone crying at the end. Wow, I loved it, and it was amazing encouragement. Despite the fact that I wrote most of my devotion during Campfire, it went very well and I was quite pleased. God pulls through again in the clutch!

Well, it looks like the library is kicking me off the internet. Boo. It's time to get the laundry ...

Peace out, all.

No comments: