Sunday, September 19, 2010

Unexpected Challenges

I've been in Madison just over two weeks, and life has quickly handed me a schedule that happens to be a faster-paced than anything I've had in about ... two and half years. Reality, as they say, bites.

What's been keeping me busy lately, you may wonder? Well, things that you might not expect, like finding a parking spot, for example. Or making photocopies. Looking into my office to see if I have a desk yet. Trying to find internet. All have proven to be very, very difficult. 

You see, the Crossing is undergoing some massive changes right now. Not only are there two new staff members (myself, serving as the Quest Coordinator, and Jody, who is our new administrator), there is also a new building. The problem is that the new building was supposed to be completed by Labor Day at the latest, and we are now approaching the third week of September. This is especially interesting when you happen to live in the house connected to the church building, and it is filled with boxes that should be in the main building: 
             
              

As you can see, there's not a lot of wiggle room, and it's hard to transition into shared living conditions after having a space that was completely my own for awhile.

All these minor complications have added up to a tiring couple of weeks for me. I'm looking forward to the day that I can DO WORK consistently, without all the distractions. Until then, I'll have to keep learning to roll with the punches. 

In other news, a former roommate of mine got married last night! Now that's two lovely ladies from the CZ who have tied the knot (Ashley got hitched in April) ... Who's next?! 


No comments: